My child has difficulties with Cognition and Learning.
Support for learning difficulties may be required when children and young people learn at a slower pace than their peers, even with appropriate differentiation.
This can include:
- Reading and spelling
- Learning new information and concepts
- Working with numbers
- Working memory
- Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD)
- Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD),
- Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD)
What can Elm Park offer?
- Quality first teaching including dedicated pupil conferencing time with each pupil.
- Small group lessons that focus on a range of needs such as literacy, comprehension and spelling and/or mathematics..
- Where needed, help from an external agency (e.g. Educational Psychologist).
- Precision Teaching
- Teaching Assistant support in some lessons.
- Adapted Learning Plans(ALPS) to fill any gaps in understanding and to ensure learning meets all needs.
- Nessy Dyslexia Screening Test
- Nessy Spelling, Reading and Writing Intervention Programme
- Lucid Recall Working Memory Assessment and Intervention
- Use of overlays
- Dyslexia Friendly Reading Books
- Writing Slopes
- SNIP Spelling Programme
- Use of Workstation where appropriate
- The use of a number of ICT programmes such as TT Rockstars, LBQ, Google Voice and Sumdog to support learning
- The use of WAGOLLs (What A Good One Looks Like) to support
- Termly TLCs to discuss progress and areas for improvement